History of Villamaria

Three Good Shepherd sisters arrived in 1956 to set up community and outreach work in Malaysia and settled at 140, Jalan Ampang, next to Lai Ming Chinese Primary School. In 1957, the sisters started a school, the Good Shepherd Convent, at the

premises where they were staying to reach out to the community through their children and to generate income for the sisters' living expenses.

The convent consisted of the Good Shepherd Convent Junior International School and Good Shepherd Kindergarten and Nursery. Due to overwhelming response, every room in the colonial house was turned into a classroom. In 1959, the convent moved to Madonna Heights in Hulu Kelang.


Good Shepherd Sisters and teachers pose for a picture outside the school